Sunday 1 May 2016

Book to Read | My recommendation

Dear Friends,
I have been recommending books which I have read and found worth reading. May be you will like it too. Some of these books have been presented to me by the authors, some I have bought or borrowed.
The following book has been presented to me by the author Ramakanta Mishra.



Ramakanta Mishra translated and staged Shakespeare's Macbeth in Bhubaneswar recently on the occasion of the 400 th birth anniversary of the bard.
I must say that it is one of the finest translation of Shakespeare in Odia that I have read. I am told it was Mayadhar Mansingh who first translated plays of Shakespeare in Odia. He translated Othello. After that several writers have translated plays of Shakespeare.
What is unique about Sri Mishra's translation is: not only he has adopted the blank verse format, he has taken creative license at some places to adapt it for stage performance.
Ramakanta Mishra, Poet, playwright teaches English language and literature at Ramadevi University, Bhubaneswar. He presently heads the department.

No comments:

Post a Comment